1 tbsp ground flaxseed
3 tbsp water
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup oat flour
1/2 cup almond meal(ground almond)
1 cup spelt flour (gluten free)
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp melted coconut oil/ olive oil
2 tbsp Foothills Honey Manuka MGO 83+
3/4 cup Almond Breeze unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees. Line a cupcake tin with paper cups. ( 8-12 cupcakes )
- First mix the egg replacer and water on side in a big bowl and leave for about 2 mins. Then add the other wet ingredients in the same bowl. Whisk well.
- Dry ingredients all together in another bowl. Then pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients bowl. Whisk together till well combined. Be gentle!!
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cups. Then topped with more blueberries! 4-5 on top with each cup.
- Bake for 25-30mins or until a chopstick inserted into the centre of the cupcakes comes out clean and turn dark golden brown colour. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool for 5 mins then take it out from the muffin tin to a cooling rack.
- While waiting for the cupcakes. Start making the honey buttercream.
Honey buttercream frosting
100g @nuttelexspread healthy butter alternative
1 cup icing sugar
1 tbsp Foothills Honey Manuka MGO 83+
Using the electric hand mixer to whip butter first until the colour becomes lighter. Add rest of the ingredients together till fluffy.
When the cupcakes are completely cooled down. Finished with honey buttercream and some freeze dried berries